directory-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cloning an ActiveDirectory tree
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 08:16:36 GMT
On 13/07/2012 08:26, Philippe de Rochambeau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to partially clone my company ActiveDirectory tree in ApacheDS 2M7 to test
a Spring application which uses kerberos authentication on Centos.

> Any suggestions as to how I should do that?
>
> Do I just create user accounts with samaccountnames equal to account names in the AD
directory, and existing sampasswords?

Hi Philippe,
if you are interested, and especially if you need to migrate only user
profiles from AD to ApacheDS, I'd rather suggest an alternative approach
based on Apache Syncope.

The idea could be to synchronize user profiles from AD to Syncope (which
features a full-Java agentless AD connector) and then propagate such
users to ApacheDS (via standard LDAPv3 connector).
You can see an example close to your use case at [1].

Post your questions / comments to syncope-user@incubator.apache.org in case.

Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Synchronize+Active+Directory+with+SQL+database