directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloning an ActiveDirectory tree
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 07:52:41 GMT
Le 7/13/12 8:26 AM, Philippe de Rochambeau a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to partially clone my company ActiveDirectory tree in ApacheDS 2M7 to test
a Spring application which uses kerberos authentication on Centos.

> Any suggestions as to how I should do that?
Not easy. AD is not exactly an LDAP compliant server, and it has
thousands of specific attributes which are not present in ApacheDS or in
OpenLDAP. Plus other schema elements are very specific to AD...

All that I can say is that you should first determinate what are the
data you want to migrate,before considering moving away from AD (even if
moving away from AD is the right thing to do...)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,