directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Performance problems on live server vs local machine.
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:14:40 GMT
Hi Kevin,

On 13 juin 2012, at 13:57, Kevin Hamilton wrote:

> And how specifically do I add new indexes?
>
> I have created a few indexes on a few attributes that I created. One is
> below, but I am not sure if it is correct:
>
> version: 1
>
> dn: ads-indexattributeid=cookie-token,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=system,ou=p
> artitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
> objectclass: ads-index
> objectclass: ads-base
> objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex
> objectclass: top
> ads-indexattributeid: cookie-token
> ads-enabled: TRUE
> ads-indexcachesize: 100
>

> I am trying to index an attribute called cookie-token, but I am not sure if
> this is the correct method to get that done.

That's the correct way to add an index for a particular attribute.

Make sure you're applying the index to the partition where you store this kind of data though.
Here, it's the "system" partition.

> This cookie-token is a MUST attribute on my personal cookie-object class.
>
> Should I have added another objectclass line above like this:
> objectclass: cookie-object

Nope. The index is of type "ads-jdbmIndex" which has this object class hierarchy:
"ads-jdbmIndex" --> "ads-index" --> "ads-base" --> "top".

No need to add any extra object class attribute value.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud