directory-users mailing list archives

From Garbage <garb...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] How to setup a debugging environment
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:58:52 GMT

>> Is this an error on my side is something wrong with the files I downloaded ?
> You can't run eclipse eclipse before having built the project at least once : the SNAPSHOTs
aren't stored into the maven repository.

> Just run mvn clean install -DskpiTests first, then re-run mvn eclipse:eclipse

So i obviously got the order wrong. Now I succeeded with these commands. I set maven opts
to the mentioned xmx setting and had to add a maxpermsize parameter, but this might be because
of the buggy jdk I had installed (updated afterwards):

C:
cd \workspaces
md apacheds
cd apacheds
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk-with-dependencies
cd trunk-with-dependencies
mvn clean install -DskipTests
(Results can be found in trunk-with-dependencies\apacheds\all\target and trunk-with-dependencies\apacheds\service\target)
mvn eclipse:eclipse
Then went to eclipse and chose "File / Import / General / Existing Projects into Workspace".
For root directory I chose C:\workspaces\apacheds\trunk-with-dependencies

 Now I have a snapshot M8, can I do the same for M7 ?