directory-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Hamilton <khamil...@umem.org>
Subject Re: Performance problems on live server vs local machine.
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 19:08:25 GMT
If I were to try to add indexes to some of these, how would I go about that?

I found the page
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/91-performance-tuning.html and saw
the part about Indices must be configured before loading data into the
server. Indices configured after loading entries into the server will NOT
work properly unless they are built using the index builder command
supplied with the ApacheDS tools command line program. More information on
this in the Building Indices section below.

I am not sure how to index attributes in ApacheDS v 2.0.0. I found the
ou=indexes in the list and I added my desired indexes. I am curious as to
whether my data will work more efficiently or if I need to somehow reload
all of my current entries.

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks so much,
Kevin