directory-users mailing list archives

From Garbage <garb...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Question regarding caching behavior [solved]
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 11:37:33 GMT

Am 08.06.2012 um 08:55 schrieb Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com>:

> Le 6/8/12 6:42 AM, Garbage a écrit :
>> From what I know ApacheDS supports caching of search results, that means when I issue
the same search after e.g. one minute the result will be returned from the cache.
>> First question: is this correct ?
> No, searches are computed every time you send a request.
>>
>> Is this something ApacheDS does on it's own or is this the job of the partitions
involved ?
>> Second question: when implementing a custom partition would I need to take care of
caching on my own ?
> Atm, yes. We could have implemented a cache on top of partition, but it's not yet the
case (such a cache will keep the entries assuming they have not been updated since their presence
in the cache). This is certainly something we want to have alter, but atm we are working on
stablizing the server itself...

> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel Lécharny
> www.iktek.com

Thanks, so I know that it makes sense to implement caching in the partition. Just wanted to
make sure that I don't create (at least for now) unnecessary code.