directory-users mailing list archives

From Garbage <garb...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] How to setup a debugging environment
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 12:45:59 GMT

Am 09.06.2012 um 00:03 schrieb Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com>:

> Le 6/8/12 11:38 PM, Garbage@gmx.de a écrit :
>> In order to broaden my understanding I want to connect Eclipse to a running instance
of ApacheDS 2.0M7. I retrieved the sources for M7 from the svn repository but failed in combining
them.
>> I do NOT want to build ApacheDS, my only intention is to make all the subprojects
known to Eclipse to allow it to remotely debug ApacheDS. I want to connect to a running instance
and use the debugger to trace what's going one in partitions.

>> Can you explain me how to setup a debugging or if necessary a build environment in
Eclipse ?

> You can run 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' to produce all the .classpath and .projects for Ads.
I'm afraid you have to first build the project itself, which takes quite some time, unless
you run 'mvn clean install -DskipTests' to avoir running the tests.

I have no maven infrastructure yet so I will start from scratch. Is it ok to use version 3
?