directory-users mailing list archives

From Garbage <garb...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] lost with decision where to implement custom permission
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 04:13:19 GMT

Am 07.06.2012 um 17:59 schrieb Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com>:

> Le 6/6/12 6:39 AM, Garbage a écrit
>>
>> 1. Can M7 be considered stable enough for giving it a chance in a productive system?
> No. I'm sad to say that but M7 still have a huge bug that we are tracking. Not that you'll
won't get a working server, but in some cases where concurrent writes and searches are done,
you are very likely to get some failures during the searches. More than that, the database
can get corrupted.

> We exactly know what is going wrong here, and we already have a fix, but this is in a
branch, and we are currenly merging this branch into trunk, which is all but easy.

> M8 will solve this issue, and we expect to get it released ASAP. In the mean time, you
can use the directory/apacheds/branches/apacheds-txns branch whch solve the issue.

>> I only need ApacheDS to sit there and wait for incoming connections and forward them
to my custom partition. There is no need for replication and all the other fancy stuff ApacheDS
is able to do.
> You can still work on the trunk, until M8 get released.
>
> Just keep tuned, we are doing our best to get back to some solid and reliable server
soon.

I believe I can use the released milestone 7 because parallel reads / writes don't exist in
my scenario. Or are there any other issues I should keep an eye on ?