directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FW: Hi Again, substring searches among 80K entires - still an issue
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:00:29 GMT
I was able to make the test suceed, by simply replacing this line :

               connection.modify( dn, new DefaultModification(
ModificationOperation.REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE, "displayName", "Test User1
updated" ) );

by

               connection.modify( dn, new DefaultModification(
ModificationOperation.REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE, "displayName", "test user1
updated" ) );

That means the modify() operation does not normalize the value before
storing it into the bakend, keeping the uper cases, when the filter use
a regexp which is case sensitive.

There is clearly a bug in the way we process the modification, the value
*must* be normalized.

I'll fix that asap.

--
Regards,