directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using ApacheDs as a ldap proxy server
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 23:00:09 GMT
Le 6/15/12 10:40 PM, Hartley, Brian (PS Swiss) a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I want to use ApacheDs to proxy ldap requests. (I am not too sure about my terminology
:) )
> In fact I want it to take two Active directory servers (one particular OU from each AD,
for example) and consolidate this in a single ldap "view"

> So ou=users,dc=example1,dc=net will map to ou=one,dc=myldap,dc=net
> And ou=users,dc=example2,dc=net will map to ou=two,dc=myldap,dc=net
>
> Is that possible, and if so where can I find some information about configuring it ?
What you want to do is what we call a Virtual Directory. ApacheDS does
not provide such a facility natively, and it's not that simple to code
either.

The only think you can do is to create referrals in ApacheDS, but this
will just redirect you to the two AD servers when a user will send
requests to ApacheDS.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,