directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] How to setup a debugging environment
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:21:34 GMT
Le 6/11/12 11:58 AM, Garbage a écrit :
>>> Is this an error on my side is something wrong with the files I downloaded ?
>> You can't run eclipse eclipse before having built the project at least once : the
SNAPSHOTs aren't stored into the maven repository.

>> Just run mvn clean install -DskpiTests first, then re-run mvn eclipse:eclipse
> So i obviously got the order wrong. Now I succeeded with these commands. I set maven
opts to the mentioned xmx setting and had to add a maxpermsize parameter, but this might be
because of the buggy jdk I had installed (updated afterwards):

> C:
> cd \workspaces
> md apacheds
> cd apacheds
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk-with-dependencies
> cd trunk-with-dependencies
> mvn clean install -DskipTests
> (Results can be found in trunk-with-dependencies\apacheds\all\target and trunk-with-dependencies\apacheds\service\target)
> mvn eclipse:eclipse
> Then went to eclipse and chose "File / Import / General / Existing Projects into Workspace".
For root directory I chose C:\workspaces\apacheds\trunk-with-dependencies

>   Now I have a snapshot M8, can I do the same for M7 ?

yes, of course. M7 is available in a tag :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/tags/2.0.0-M7/

You just have to build apacheds in this case, as M7 is depending on
released components of Shared, so just build the server with mvn
eclipse:eclipse, it should be enough (the dependencies are all in the
maven repository)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,