directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] How to setup a debugging environment
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 19:46:19 GMT
Le 6/10/12 2:45 PM, Garbage a écrit :
> Am 09.06.2012 um 00:03 schrieb Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>:
>
>> Le 6/8/12 11:38 PM, Garbage@gmx.de a écrit :
>>> In order to broaden my understanding I want to connect Eclipse to a running instance
of ApacheDS 2.0M7. I retrieved the sources for M7 from the svn repository but failed in combining
them.
>>> I do NOT want to build ApacheDS, my only intention is to make all the subprojects
known to Eclipse to allow it to remotely debug ApacheDS. I want to connect to a running instance
and use the debugger to trace what's going one in partitions.

>>> Can you explain me how to setup a debugging or if necessary a build environment
in Eclipse ?

>> You can run 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' to produce all the .classpath and .projects for
Ads. I'm afraid you have to first build the project itself, which takes quite some time, unless
you run 'mvn clean install -DskipTests' to avoir running the tests.
> I have no maven infrastructure yet so I will start from scratch. Is it ok to use version
3 ?

Yes, this is the version we use (3.0.4). Be sure to setup some options
(MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m) in your environment to be able to run all the tests.

If you check out a version, just use
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk-with-dependencies.
It will get all the sub-projects. Some of those sub-projects are side
projects, you may want to comment them in the main pom.xml :

   <modules>
     <module>project</module>
     <module>checkstyle-configuration</module>    : You can comment this project
     <module>junit-addons</module>
     <module>shared</module>
     <module>apacheds</module>
     <module>apacheds-manuals</module>            : You can comment this project
     <!-- module>kerberos-client</module -->
   </modules>

--
Regards,