directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] How to setup a debugging environment
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 22:03:51 GMT
Le 6/8/12 11:38 PM, Garbage@gmx.de a écrit :
> In order to broaden my understanding I want to connect Eclipse to a running instance
of ApacheDS 2.0M7. I retrieved the sources for M7 from the svn repository but failed in combining
them.
> I do NOT want to build ApacheDS, my only intention is to make all the subprojects known
to Eclipse to allow it to remotely debug ApacheDS. I want to connect to a running instance
and use the debugger to trace what's going one in partitions.

> Can you explain me how to setup a debugging or if necessary a build environment in Eclipse
?

You can run 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' to produce all the .classpath and
.projects for Ads. I'm afraid you have to first build the project
itself, which takes quite some time, unless you run 'mvn clean install
-DskipTests' to avoir running the tests.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,