directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Question regarding caching behavior
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 06:55:13 GMT
Le 6/8/12 6:42 AM, Garbage a écrit :
>  From what I know ApacheDS supports caching of search results, that means when I issue
the same search after e.g. one minute the result will be returned from the cache.
> First question: is this correct ?
No, searches are computed every time you send a request.

> Is this something ApacheDS does on it's own or is this the job of the partitions involved
?
> Second question: when implementing a custom partition would I need to take care of caching
on my own ?
Atm, yes. We could have implemented a cache on top of partition, but
it's not yet the case (such a cache will keep the entries assuming they
have not been updated since their presence in the cache). This is
certainly something we want to have alter, but atm we are working on
stablizing the server itself...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,