directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] lost with decision where to implement custom permission
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 15:59:26 GMT
Le 6/6/12 6:39 AM, Garbage a écrit :
> Am 06.06.2012 um 05:16 schrieb Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>:
>
>> Definitively go for 2.0. The API has changed a lot, but this is (hopefully) for the
best.

>> Sadly, the documentation is not following the code modification pace :/
>>
>> Do you have any specific question ?
> Thanks for that information, this might be the explanation why I got lost in the transition
from 1.5.5 to 2.0: I simply didn't understand what changes were to see. So I will head for
2.0, I expected that answer ;-)

> But I still have these questions:
>
> 1. Can M7 be considered stable enough for giving it a chance in a productive system?
No. I'm sad to say that but M7 still have a huge bug that we are
tracking. Not that you'll won't get a working server, but in some cases
where concurrent writes and searches are done, you are very likely to
get some failures during the searches. More than that, the database can
get corrupted.

We exactly know what is going wrong here, and we already have a fix, but
this is in a branch, and we are currenly merging this branch into trunk,
which is all but easy.

M8 will solve this issue, and we expect to get it released ASAP. In the
mean time, you can use the directory/apacheds/branches/apacheds-txns
branch whch solve the issue.

> I only need ApacheDS to sit there and wait for incoming connections and forward them
to my custom partition. There is no need for replication and all the other fancy stuff ApacheDS
is able to do.
You can still work on the trunk, until M8 get released.

Just keep tuned, we are doing our best to get back to some solid and
reliable server soon.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,