directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] lost with decision where to implement custom permission
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 03:16:22 GMT
Le 6/5/12 6:28 PM, Garbage a écrit :
> I tried to build a working custom partition implementation for last days. I started with
1.5.7 but then found out that the working example I intended to base on does no longer compile
because of some API changes. Because of this I switched to 1.5.5 and managed to get the example
running (not that difficult, I have to admit ;-))

> Unfortunately I don't have enough background knowledge to be able to extend the HelloWorldPartition
example.

> I'm willing to learn and invest time but need expert advice if I should continue with
1.5 or 2.0. In addition I will need some guidance. In exchange for that I can offer you to
update the docs for custom partitions.
Definitively go for 2.0. The API has changed a lot, but this is
(hopefully) for the best.

Sadly, the documentation is not following the code modification pace :/

Do you have any specific question ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,