directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: FW: Hi Again, substring searches among 80K entires - still an issue
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:17:52 GMT
Emmanuel - thank you!!!

Regards,
Carlo Accorsi

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 8:00 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: Hi Again, substring searches among 80K entires - still an issue

I was able to make the test suceed, by simply replacing this line :

               connection.modify( dn, new DefaultModification( ModificationOperation.REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE,
"displayName", "Test User1 updated" ) );

by

               connection.modify( dn, new DefaultModification( ModificationOperation.REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE,
"displayName", "test user1 updated" ) );

That means the modify() operation does not normalize the value before storing it into the
bakend, keeping the uper cases, when the filter use a regexp which is case sensitive.

There is clearly a bug in the way we process the modification, the value
*must* be normalized.

I'll fix that asap.

--
Regards,