directory-users mailing list archives

From John Colvin <johnlcol...@googlemail.com>
Subject ApacheDS - Tanuki software JSW license
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 09:03:00 GMT
Hi
ApacheDS ships with Tanuki software JSW which does not seem to be 'really'
open source and not free to use and distribute. I would like to do a custom
build and distribute ApacheDS with some interceptors and configuration
bundled within the installation archive, including the linux bin and
windows exe installers, but looking at the Tanuki software license I don't
think I can do this without paying for licenses. Is there any plans in the
future to remove JSW and replace it with Apache commons-daemon like what is
used in Tomcat? Is having a 3rd party dependency that can may incur license
costs really in the the spirit of Apache??

John