directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: Updating systems from trunk. How?
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 13:32:56 GMT
Hi again, yes, updated from the trunk and reimported everything (via ldif). Exact match and
substring searches work fine on ldif imported entries.
Then we modify an entry and this is the issue. We get a result with an exact match but not
substring search. The logs of this are shown in the latest post for DIRSERVER-1724.

What are we doing wrong? Is there some parameter that controls the way changes are flushed
to attribute indexes after entry modification?
Restarting the server has no effect. However exporting the entry (ldif) and re-importing solves
the problem.

Any insight is appreciated. We think we have everything right.

Not sure if the URL will come through but it's below.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1724?focusedCommentId=13276714#comment-13276714

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 4:38 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Updating systems from trunk. How?

Le 5/14/12 10:23 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have a partition and system created from 2.0.0-M7. What is the correct way to upgrade
to the 2.0.0-M8. ?

> In the past, I've just swapped out the jars with those I build from the trunk.
>
> For example replacing
> /lib/apacheds-service-2.0.0-M7-SNAPSHOT.jar
> /lib/apacheds-wrapper-2.0.0-M7-SNAPSHOT.jar
>
> Is this an acceptable way of doing it? Or do I need to export everything and rebuild
the partition?
> I'm concerned about indexes created in M7 and trying to run M8 against them.
The best solution would really be to export all the data, swap the bins, and reimpor the data.

AFAIR, we haven't changed teh format for data, but as we have removed two indexes, and deeply
modified the RDN index, keeping the data on disk will simply not work. Re-injecting the data
will recreate all the indexes.

Btw, 2.0.0-M7 is 2.5 faster than the previous version.

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,