directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: Updating systems from trunk. How?
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 20:40:32 GMT
Ok, that's works..  Thanks Emmanuel!

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 4:38 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Updating systems from trunk. How?

Le 5/14/12 10:23 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have a partition and system created from 2.0.0-M7. What is the correct way to upgrade
to the 2.0.0-M8. ?

> In the past, I've just swapped out the jars with those I build from the trunk.
>
> For example replacing
> /lib/apacheds-service-2.0.0-M7-SNAPSHOT.jar
> /lib/apacheds-wrapper-2.0.0-M7-SNAPSHOT.jar
>
> Is this an acceptable way of doing it? Or do I need to export everything and rebuild
the partition?
> I'm concerned about indexes created in M7 and trying to run M8 against them.
The best solution would really be to export all the data, swap the bins, and reimpor the data.

AFAIR, we haven't changed teh format for data, but as we have removed two indexes, and deeply
modified the RDN index, keeping the data on disk will simply not work. Re-injecting the data
will recreate all the indexes.

Btw, 2.0.0-M7 is 2.5 faster than the previous version.

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,