directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: Anyway to predetermine date/time a user is expired?
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 15:06:26 GMT
OK that's great and it solves my first order problem.  Although if I need it to happen on a
specific date and time where would one store the date?
Are we going down the road of a custom schema and creating some sort of supporting interceptor
or trigger?
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: ayyagarikiran@gmail.com [mailto:ayyagarikiran@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Kiran Ayyagari
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 10:25 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Anyway to predetermine date/time a user is expired?

set the value of pwdAccountLockedTime attribute to 000001010000Z This will lock the user permanently
till an administrator removes this attribute.

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM,  <Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com> wrote:
> Hi, We've made a lot of use of password policies to get idle users to
> change their passwords and so on. Now we're looking for a way, user by
> user to set a date after which a user would not be able to bind even with valid dn /
pass. This ideally would not expire the current password, rather put the account on hold so
that manual intervention would be required to re-enable it.  I've looked through object classes
and  policy Subschemas but don't see any way of doing this.

--
Kiran Ayyagari