directory-users mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding IP address of LDAP Auth Request in log4j.properties
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 18:48:18 GMT
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Huijun Kong <hkong@alasu.edu> wrote:

> I am running ApacheDS 2.0 on Windows 2003 R2. Meanwhile, we are running
> pGina Ldap Auth plugin in our labs to authenticate users in lab computer. I
> have been looking for detailed documenation about log4j.properties.
> However, the documentation for ApacheDS version 2.0 is scarce.

This is the same as any other log4j.properties file configuration - it's a
common library. You can google it and get several articles and the original
documentation.

> I need to adjust the log4j.properties to record the sucessful *binding
> username and IP address* or machine name in apacheds.log. Is anybody on
> this listserv has done this  before?

Use the MDC logging capability built into MINA and the log4j.properties
configuration to include the IP address in logging statements.

> I am also not sure about what the following message means? Does this  means
> that a bind is sucessful and a new session has been created for the user so
> there comes the UNBIND_REQUEST. How can I turn this off in the
> log4j.properties.

Again you can specifically turn off a specific class or package that you
don't want to see just look at some of the example log4j.properties files
used for tests in some projects in svn like apacheds/core-integ for example.

Requestorg.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.message.UnbindRequestImpl

Just turn logging to ERROR on this class or turn it off.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex