directory-users mailing list archives

From "Popova, Marina" <mpop...@emptoris.com>
Subject Re: questions about embedding ApacheDS
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:08:08 GMT
Thanks, Shiraz and Hendi,
After I downloaded this jar - my example works as expected.

I would still like to hear opinions of ApacheDS experts regarding my other questions :
2. As I understand, all entries I create in the server are persisted in
> the file system, right? Are they persisted between the server startups,
> when the server is started/stopped from a Java app? Is it possible to
> persist this content in the RDB, rather than file system?
>
> 3. my users/orgs are already represented in some form in my RDB. As I
> understand, some LDAP servers can directly feed off of the DB tables with
> some mapping required... What are the options for that with ApacheDS?

Thanks,
Marina

you may download the apacheds-all.jar from the following url:
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/directory/server/apacheds-all/1.5.7/apacheds-all-1.5.7.jar

or use maven2 to download the dependencies

further questions will hopefully be answered by other members.

--
Cheers,
Shiraz