directory-users mailing list archives

From "Popova, Marina" <mpop...@emptoris.com>
Subject questions about embedding ApacheDS
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:12:56 GMT
Hello,
I'm trying to embed ApacheDS server into my JEE application and have a few questions:

1. in the example of the embedded server you have specified that one of the dependencies is
the apacheds-all-1.5.7.jar. I also see this jar as a dependency in the pom.xml that is supplied
in the downloadable example. However, I cannot find this jar anywhere in the ApacheDS lib
directory (of of the installation root). I can see quite a few other apacheds-xxx jars. Where
could I get this jar , or do I need to pick other jars instead? I also tried to just add all
jars from the apacheds/lib directory - but still cannot compile the sample class as it cannot
find a few core classes...

2. As I understand, all entries I create in the server are persisted in the file system, right?
Are they persisted between the server startups, when the server is started/stopped from a
Java app? Is it possible to persist this content in the RDB, rather than file system?

3. my users/orgs are already represented in some form in my RDB. As I understand, some LDAP
servers can directly feed off of the DB tables with some mapping required... What are the
options for that with ApacheDS?

4. I'm also having trouble subscribing to the list with a different email - when I try to
subscribe with my yahoo email - all emails are getting bounced back with a message that they
were rejected as spam

If you could point me to relevant documentation - would be great.
Thanks!
Marina