directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] subschema subentries and DIT structure rules etc.
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:10:45 GMT
Le 4/30/12 11:53 AM, Alex Karasulu a écrit :
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Alex Karasulu<akarasulu@apache.org>wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Karl Weber<karl.weber99@googlemail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> as far as I read in the documentation for ApacheDS 1.5.7, ApacheDS does
>>> support subentries according to RFC 3672 with the exception of subschema
>>> subentries.
>>>

>> Yes it does and so will all other implementations to come like 2.0 below.
>>
> Ooop I read in correctly (thought you meant subentries), I see you mean
> schema subentries. True we don't suport this.

Wrt RFC 3672, we currently have the support of SubtreeSpecification
(this is used for ACIs) and a partial support of the Administrative model.

The main issue we have wih the AA is the colision between Autonomous
area and SpecificArea. It's really complex to compute the intersection
of those areas, and we also have a discussion about how we should
implement it : should we compute it once and store the information in
every single entry, or should we evaluate each entry against the
autonomous/specific area they depend on.

This is a very interesting area, but quite complex...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,