directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] subschema subentries and DIT structure rules etc.
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:51:12 GMT
Le 4/30/12 10:53 AM, Karl Weber a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> as far as I read in the documentation for ApacheDS 1.5.7, ApacheDS does
> support subentries according to RFC 3672 with the exception of subschema
> subentries.
>
> Is this still valid for the current 2.0.0 milestone? Unfortunately the links
> to the documentation are broken. The support of subschema subentries has been
> announced in the 1.5.7 documentation for the "future"...
Yep. This is something we have to add, we worked on it last year, but
it's not finished yet.

Note that we currently support (partially) collective attributes and
access control, which are part of the Administrative Model the Subschema
is associated with. The schema is still global at this point.

> Does ApacheDS support DIT structure rules and DIT content rules?
No, not yet. This is something we must implement, as for NameForms and
MarchingRuleUse
>   The
> documentation for 1.5.7 claims that ApacheDS is RFC 4512 compliant, however
> support for these rules is optional, so some clarification is needed.
I hope I have clarified those points.
> Furthermore, in order to use DIT structure rules, administrative areas with
> there own subschemas would make sence. (DIT structure rules do not have global
> OIDs but only integer IDs which have to be unique within the controlling
> schema.)
Yep. We have already made the SchemaManager an insolated module so that
it will be possible to have many instance of it in the server, thus
allowing the use of SubschmaSubentries

> Furthermore, quote of RFC 4512:
>
> 	If no superior rules are identified, the DIT structure rule applies
> 	to an autonomous administrative point (e.g., the root vertex of the
> 	subtree controlled by the subschema) [X.501].
Right : e have only one schema atm, and it's for the whole DIT.

Atm, I do think we will get a 2.0 out before being able to have
subschema added, but be sure that one of the next minor iteration (2.1
or 2.2) will have such a feature.

Hope it helps.

--
Regards,