directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update 2.0.0-M7 and indexes
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:01:03 GMT
Le 4/18/12 12:16 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny a écrit :
> Le 4/17/12 11:18 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
>> Was away all day today. From the debug below, i'm using these memory
>> settings. -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
>>
>> However i've tried 1024 / 1300 and the same thing occurs. I'll set up
>> a 64bit wrapper later tonight and will assign 2GB. I'll let you know
>> if this makes any difference. thanks.
>
> It's strange that the command line does not show the -XmxNNN value you
> have set. Injecting 80K entris should not eat more than 300Mo, so 512M
> should be just plain perfect.
>
> I'm fighting with verious versions of Linux on Virtual box to set up a
> configuration close to what you have. Wasted 3 hours at least with
> Ubuntu (man, those guys have lost their grinta...) and Fedora. Trying
> Mint now...

Ok, making progress...

First, there is a missing option in the wrapper.conf file :

wrapper.startup.timeout=0

It will not exit after 30 seconds (the default value) if the server is
not started.

Second, there is still a problem when you restart the server (even if
you have created the index, stopped, restarted the server, injected the
80K entries, stopped and restarted the server) : the index are fully
rebuilt, which is just plain wrong.

I'll investigate this point and I'll probably be able to get a fix
working for this issue today.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,