directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update 2.0.0-M7 and indexes
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:36:10 GMT
Making progress...

The index were deleted due to some regression introduced last year when
using alias and not OIDs when creating index.

Another issue is that the master tabl, containing all the entries, was
read fully for each index to create, instead of reading it only once,
and adding the read entries in all the indexes in one operation.

I'm running some more tests before committing the changes.

One suggestion : declare the index, stop the server, restart the server,
then inject the entries. The index will be present and the server won't
try to recreate them when starting, as they will already be present when
you will start to inject the entries. You'll pay the price of injecting
the entries and creating the indexes only once.

More to come...

Le 4/15/12 1:42 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
> ok much appreciaed. Thank you!

with 80k users, the problem seems to be the size of master.db
>> For my partition. The file is 450 MB. If I delete my partition directory (and let
to recreate on startup) the server starts fine.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,