directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: support Dot character in attribute name
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 08:57:09 GMT
Le 4/15/12 9:47 AM, Pradip Sonar a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am working on POC on Windows registry data migration to LDAP Structure in one of my
project.

> I am using apacheds-1.5.6 and ApacheDirectoryStudio-win32-1.5.2.
>
> I am facing issues while trying to add new attribute name containing dot character(.).
Plain normal. Dot is not a valid char in an attrbute name per RFC 4512.

> I found that ldap does not support for dot character in attribute name.
True.

> Can you please suggest any configurations needs to be done in apache directory server/studio
to support dot character in attribute name?
Change your attributes name to comply to the specification.

M$ does not give a shit about LDAP and broke the specification on
purpose, but I'm sorry to say that's not our problem. AD is not an LDAP
compliant server anyway...

Replacing every dot by an hyphen using a small sed script should not be
a big issue though.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,