directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update 2.0.0-M7 and indexes
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 21:05:32 GMT
Le 4/13/12 10:03 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
> Hi Folks, we've made a lot of progress but it wouldn't be fun if there wasn't one more
gotcha.

:)

> We Built 2.0.0-M7 SHAPSHOT from the trunk and it installs and runs fine with 1GB memory
/ 32 bit JVM  (Thanks Kiran for pointers last night)
> I create a partition and index several attributes. When the server restarts the user
attribute  DBM databases appear ! (Thanks Emmanuel)
> I load my ldif file with 80 k users. When the ldif is loaded, I can see all 80k users,
everything seems fine, the indexes are populated I can search and it all works.

Performances are good, I hope...

> Once I shut down the server, it will not restart. The wrapper fails with the error below.
The size of the JVM goes from zero to 1.3GB, pauses and exists.
> I'm sure there's an OutOfMemory exception occurring but even with Debug it's not appearing
in the logs.

> The question I have is with a partition this size, with this number of users, what can
I do to make the jvm as small as possible to start?

> I've reset all my attribute indexes to 100, partition cache is set to 1000 BEFORE I loaded
all the users. Still having same result.
> Any ideas?  Many thanks.

grmblgtmbl :/ I need to check what's going on when the serve ris stopped
and restarted. This is clearly a bug, and it should be easy to fix.

The thing is that this is a work in progress, and we have modified many
things in the index area recently. This should not too much time to get
a clue about what's going on and to fix the issue. I'l give it a try
this week-end.

At least, we are making progress !

Thanks for the info and the follow-up, this is really helpful for us.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,