directory-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plea for help with search performance
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:16:46 GMT
Ok,

after some investigation, I'm pretty sure that the indexes are not 
created. When I create the indexes, I get those results :

- 80000 entries injected into the server, with uid=<number>
- displayName is indexed, uid is not indexed

- first search :
connection.search("dc=example,dc=com", "(displayName=12345Awg-Rosli, 
Awg-Abd-Rahim SMDS-UIA/G/MMO52D)", SearchScope.SUBTREE, "*" );

result :
Delta search : 16 ms
entry found :
     dn[n]: uid=12345,dc=example,dc=com
     objectclass: organizationalPerson
     objectclass: person
     objectclass: inetOrgPerson
     objectclass: top
     title: Snr Operations Technician (D)
     uid: 12345
     description: UI - S
     businesscategory: Ops MDS (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
     departmentnumber: SMDS - UIA/G/MMO52D
     employeenumber: A-A-R.Awg-Rosli
     givenname: Awg-Abd-Rahim
     cn: Awg-Rosli, Awg-Abd-Rahim SMDS-UIA/G/MMO52D
     sn: Awg-Rosli
     telephonenumber: 555-1212
     mail: A-A-R.Awg-Rosli@acme.com
     displayname: 12345Awg-Rosli, Awg-Abd-Rahim SMDS-UIA/G/MMO52D

- Second search :
connection.search("dc=example,dc=com", "(displayName=34567*)", 
SearchScope.SUBTREE, "*" );

result :
Delta search substring : 9 ms
entry found :
     dn[n]: uid=34567,dc=example,dc=com
     objectclass: organizationalPerson
     objectclass: person
     objectclass: inetOrgPerson
     objectclass: top
     title: Snr Operations Technician (D)
     uid: 34567
     description: UI - S
     businesscategory: Ops MDS (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
     departmentnumber: SMDS - UIA/G/MMO52D
     employeenumber: A-A-R.Awg-Rosli
     givenname: Awg-Abd-Rahim
     cn: Awg-Rosli, Awg-Abd-Rahim SMDS-UIA/G/MMO52D
     sn: Awg-Rosli
     telephonenumber: 555-1212
     mail: A-A-R.Awg-Rosli@acme.com
     displayname: 34567Awg-Rosli, Awg-Abd-Rahim SMDS-UIA/G/MMO52D

-third search :
connection.search("dc=example,dc=com", "(uid=67890)", 
SearchScope.SUBTREE, "*" );

result :
Delta search no index : 38985 ms

entry found :
     dn[n]: uid=67890,dc=example,dc=com
     objectclass: organizationalPerson
     objectclass: person
     objectclass: inetOrgPerson
     objectclass: top
     title: Snr Operations Technician (D)
     uid: 67890
     description: UI - S
     businesscategory: Ops MDS (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
     departmentnumber: SMDS - UIA/G/MMO52D
     employeenumber: A-A-R.Awg-Rosli
     givenname: Awg-Abd-Rahim
     cn: Awg-Rosli, Awg-Abd-Rahim SMDS-UIA/G/MMO52D
     sn: Awg-Rosli
     telephonenumber: 555-1212
     mail: A-A-R.Awg-Rosli@acme.com
     displayname: 67890Awg-Rosli, Awg-Abd-Rahim SMDS-UIA/G/MMO52D


So if the index is properly set, the search takes milliseconds to 
complete (which is expected). Otherwise, it can take tens of seconds...

Two possibilities :
- you don't initialize the index correctly. Please provide your 
configuration and if you are using ADS embedded, please provide the code 
that you use to embed it
- we have an issue in the way we initialize the index, which is more 
likely to be the problem, as I fixed one issue in this area 2 weeks ago 
(in M7-SNAPSHOT) and I just fixed another one while doing the experiment...

I'd like to rule out the first hypothesis first, but in any case, I'll 
do some more check tonite or tomorrow.


Many thanks for your patience.


-- 
Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com


Mime
View raw message