directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plea for help with search performance
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:29:26 GMT
Le 4/11/12 6:07 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
> Hi, answers below.

previous email I included a LDIF entry. I'm not storing jpeg data, certificates, anything
with any length. Just simple text and numeric attributes.

> and finally are you using filters with exact match or substring match?
> Not sure understand ..  I search exact and substring like this:
> (employeeNumber =jsmith)<- this is exact
> (displayName =Smith, J*)<- this is substring

Correct.

FYI, i'm currently conducting a test where I inject 80K entries, and do
3 searches with :
- an exact search on an indexed AT
- a substring search on an indexed AT
- an exact search on a non indexed AT

I'll give you the results as soon as the test completes.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,