directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: Update 2.0.0-M7 and indexes
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 03:04:30 GMT
Checked out and built revision 1327587 and it's working like a charm..
Server starts up immediately. No issues searching and is super-fast.. Thanks Emmanuel !!

Regards,
Carlo Accorsi

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:14 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Update 2.0.0-M7 and indexes

Le 4/18/12 3:01 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny a écrit :
> Le 4/18/12 12:16 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny a écrit :
>> Le 4/17/12 11:18 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
>>> Was away all day today. From the debug below, i'm using these memory
>>> settings. -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
>>>
>>> However i've tried 1024 / 1300 and the same thing occurs. I'll set
>>> up a 64bit wrapper later tonight and will assign 2GB. I'll let you
>>> know if this makes any difference. thanks.
>>
>> It's strange that the command line does not show the -XmxNNN value
>> you have set. Injecting 80K entris should not eat more than 300Mo, so
>> 512M should be just plain perfect.
>>
>> I'm fighting with verious versions of Linux on Virtual box to set up
>> a configuration close to what you have. Wasted 3 hours at least with
>> Ubuntu (man, those guys have lost their grinta...) and Fedora. Trying
>> Mint now...
>>

> Ok, making progress...
>
> First, there is a missing option in the wrapper.conf file :
>
> wrapper.startup.timeout=0
>
> It will not exit after 30 seconds (the default value) if the server is
> not started.
>
> Second, there is still a problem when you restart the server (even if
> you have created the index, stopped, restarted the server, injected
> the 80K entries, stopped and restarted the server) : the index are
> fully rebuilt, which is just plain wrong.
>
> I'll investigate this point and I'll probably be able to get a fix
> working for this issue today.

Ok, the issue has been fixed with

I have tested the server with this scenario :
- create a brand new server with nothing in it
- added a context entry for dc=example,dc=com
- added index for sn, cn and displayName
- stopped the server
- re-started the server, index are now present, but empty
- injected 80 000 entries
- the index are full of data
- stopped the server
- re-started the server

the server was up and running in 15 seconds, with all the data present, and index working.

I think we are done with those nasty bugs...

pfewww... :)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,