directory-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From <>
Subject RE: Update 2.0.0-M7 and indexes
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:15:46 GMT
Kool!! Ok, will try it out and get back to the group. Thanks for your help. 

Carlo Accorsi

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: Update 2.0.0-M7 and indexes

Le 4/18/12 3:01 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny a écrit :
> Le 4/18/12 12:16 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny a écrit :
>> Le 4/17/12 11:18 PM, a écrit :
>>> Was away all day today. From the debug below, i'm using these memory 
>>> settings. -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
>>> However i've tried 1024 / 1300 and the same thing occurs. I'll set 
>>> up a 64bit wrapper later tonight and will assign 2GB. I'll let you 
>>> know if this makes any difference. thanks.
>> It's strange that the command line does not show the -XmxNNN value 
>> you have set. Injecting 80K entris should not eat more than 300Mo, so 
>> 512M should be just plain perfect.
>> I'm fighting with verious versions of Linux on Virtual box to set up 
>> a configuration close to what you have. Wasted 3 hours at least with 
>> Ubuntu (man, those guys have lost their grinta...) and Fedora. Trying 
>> Mint now...
> Ok, making progress...
> First, there is a missing option in the wrapper.conf file :
> wrapper.startup.timeout=0
> It will not exit after 30 seconds (the default value) if the server is 
> not started.
> Second, there is still a problem when you restart the server (even if 
> you have created the index, stopped, restarted the server, injected 
> the 80K entries, stopped and restarted the server) : the index are 
> fully rebuilt, which is just plain wrong.
> I'll investigate this point and I'll probably be able to get a fix 
> working for this issue today.

Ok, the issue has been fixed with

I have tested the server with this scenario :
- create a brand new server with nothing in it
- added a context entry for dc=example,dc=com
- added index for sn, cn and displayName
- stopped the server
- re-started the server, index are now present, but empty
- injected 80 000 entries
- the index are full of data
- stopped the server
- re-started the server

the server was up and running in 15 seconds, with all the data present, and index working.

I think we are done with those nasty bugs...

pfewww... :)

Emmanuel Lécharny

View raw message