directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: Update 2.0.0-M7 and indexes
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:00:13 GMT
Ok Great! Just so you know, i've always created indexes before importing users. Here are the
steps i take:: Create partition and indexes then restart. ( the attribute.db files show up
in the file system with size 20KB). Then i import the base dn and branches, restarting once
more before importing users. When i import the users and monitor the filesysyem the indexes
increase in size as the ldif is imported as one would expect. If the indexes are being re-created
at startup you might want to look as to how the logic determines their existance. After i
completely load the system and shut it down,  the attribute.db files are still there and full
size and so are the definitions of the indexes in the config.ldif. Thank you.

From: Emmanuel Lécharny [elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 6:36 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Update 2.0.0-M7 and indexes

Making progress...

The index were deleted due to some regression introduced last year when
using alias and not OIDs when creating index.

Another issue is that the master tabl, containing all the entries, was
read fully for each index to create, instead of reading it only once,
and adding the read entries in all the indexes in one operation.

I'm running some more tests before committing the changes.

One suggestion : declare the index, stop the server, restart the server,
then inject the entries. The index will be present and the server won't
try to recreate them when starting, as they will already be present when
you will start to inject the entries. You'll pay the price of injecting
the entries and creating the indexes only once.

More to come...

Le 4/15/12 1:42 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
> ok much appreciaed. Thank you!

with 80k users, the problem seems to be the size of master.db
>> For my partition. The file is 450 MB. If I delete my partition directory (and let
to recreate on startup) the server starts fine.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,