directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject Re: Update 2.0.0-M7 and indexes
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 03:12:31 GMT
Hi, regarding the server startup issue I'm having after loading a custom partition with 80k
users, the problem seems to be the size of master.db
For my partition. The file is 450 MB. If I delete my partition directory (and let to recreate
on startup) the server starts fine.

Here are some other things we tried, none of which worked.
Removing all the .db files of my user added indexes and restarting,  The indexes are recreated
empty, but the same error occurs.

In the config.ldif I tried setting these individually and both false, same thing.
ads-partitionsynconwrite: FALSE
ads-jdbmpartitionoptimizerenabled: FALSE

When the server crashes, the next messages expected on the console it the one that warns the
default password was not reset.
I changed the password but the server still does not start.

Also we are using password polices. I thought maybe the system is trying to evaluate the age
of every user password at startup?
In config.ldif,  for all policies, I set ads-enabled=FALSE  The same behavior occurs.

Is there any case where we should be adding an index for an operational AT? Specifically pwdPolicySubEntry?
I'll probably try that next if I don't hear back. Thanks!

unused index file D:\Program files\apachedsm7\instances\default\partitions\system\1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.4.db
jvm 1    | [22:39:06] WARN [org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmPartition]
- Failed to delete
unused index file D:\Program files\apachedsm7\instances\default\partitions\system\2.5.4.11.db
wrapper  | Startup failed: Timed out waiting for signal from JVM.
wrapper  | JVM did not exit on request, terminated
wrapperp | server listening on port 32000.
wrapper  | JVM was only running for 30 seconds leading to a failed restart count of 1.
wrapper  | There were 1 failed launches in a row, each lasting less than 300 seconds.  Giving
up.
wrapper  |   There may be a configuration problem: please check the logs.
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped

D:\Program Files\ApacheDSm7\bin>pause

Regards,
Carlo Accorsi

Carlo Accorsi | Technical Services
IBSAmerica, Inc. | www.ibs-us.com<http://www.ibs-us.com/> | Visit IBS on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/2118605?trk=pro_other_cmpy>
24 Hartwell Ave | Lexington | Massachusetts | 02421
+1-781-862-9002 (Office) | +1-781-676-8129 (Direct) | +1-781-862-9003 (Fax)

Sign up for the IBS Blog<http://info.ibs-us.com/> today!

IBS provides integrated management solutions that help companies improve quality and lower
costs.