directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: Plea for help with search performance
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:18:40 GMT
Here's an LDIF example of my entries. UID's are used in the dn, not CN.
The login process searches for an entry like this.

employeeNumber=A-A-R.Awg-Rosli

If the SearchResult yields 1 entry, then we get the entry DN and bind with the DN  and the
supplied Password.

In other parts of the application, option selects are filled with uid=value, displayName =
choice.
This is why we also need to search for displayName.

Both attributes are indexed with cache size of 50000 but results take 20 seconds to return.

dn: uid=1334083815683,ou=users,ou=int,o=cpro
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
uid: 1334083815683
mail: A-A-R.Awg-Rosli@acme.com
title: Snr Operations Technician (D)
sn: Awg-Rosli
departmentNumber: SMDS - UIA/G/MMO52D
cn: Awg-Rosli, Awg-Abd-Rahim SMDS-UIA/G/MMO52D
telephoneNumber: 555-1212
givenName: Awg-Abd-Rahim
businessCategory: Ops MDS (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
displayName: Awg-Rosli, Awg-Abd-Rahim SMDS-UIA/G/MMO52D
employeeNumber: A-A-R.Awg-Rosli
pwdPolicySubEntry: ads-pwdId=cproint,ou=passwordPolicies,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

Regards,
Carlo Accorsi