directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject Plea for help with search performance
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:31:47 GMT
Hi, we have a project has 80,000 users in one OU. This is a requirement.

With guidance from this group, I've tried dozens of combinations of indexing attributes, setting
their cache sizes,
increasing the partition caches, timeout settings, etc.

We're using the 64 bit java  service wrapper and have given the JVM 5GB of memory.
Despite this, we still have 20+ second response times when searching on displayName and employeeNumber
.
This is consistent with multiple ldap clients.

Every time we've made configuration or index changes, it's been to a clean empty system and
then we load our LDIF file with the 80k users.

You've all been very helpful to us but we're backed into wall with this.
The response times are unacceptable and we don't know what else we can do.

Could someone provide us with an idea of how to configure the system to get the best performance
when searching
for displayName and employeeNumber? The displayName lengths are up to 80 characters, the employeeNumber
is 25.

Thank you!