directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where to create index in ApacheDS 2.0?
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 03:47:45 GMT
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Christoph Czurda
<hasnoadditives@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I create a new partition in ApacheDS 2.0 (following this guide:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx20/1.5.3+Adding+your+own+partition+resp.+suffix
> ), the partition entry has a subtree ou=indexes as well as an attribute
> ads-indexes.
>
> Where should I add my indices? In the subtree or in the attribute or in
> both?

in the subtree the entire index entry with configuration and add the
name/oid(whichever given in the subtree) of the index
to the partition entry.
Note that you also need to add the name of the partition to the
'ads-partitions' attribute in the directoryservice entry

--
Kiran Ayyagari