directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What about Stored Procedures and Triggers?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 14:14:06 GMT
Le 3/1/12 3:00 PM, Vitali Baumtrok a écrit :
> Hi, basically I'm testing the possibilities of ApacheDS, especially
> stored procedures (SPs) and triggers (TRs). But it seems like they not
> working now, because of some code changes/refactoring, so I just
> wanted to ask, are you planing to change the API for SPs/TRs or will
> it stay like it is (LDAP API 1.0.0-M11)?
Definitively, yes, we intend to fix teh Triggers/SP for 2.0.0-RC1.
Currently, we are fixing some huge issues in the core server, but when
it'll be done, be sure we will refactor this part too : it's one of the
most interesting feature of ApacheDS.

One of the refactoring we want to do is to get rid of JNDI in
SP/Triggers, to switch to the API. Franckly, it should not take more
than one or two weeks, but we are still blocked until we get other
issues fixed (like replication)

> Can you roughly estimate when the refactoring is done and SPs/TRs are
> fixed?
We just released ApacheDS 2.0.0-M6 this week, and we expect to release a
M7 by the end of march, with one of the major fix we want to integrate.
Then a M8 shoudl follow shortly (april ?) with replication. The next
step is probably to fix the triggers/SP and also AdministrativePoint
handling. That leads us to end of june. May be earlier. May be later...

Hope it helps.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,