directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: What about Stored Procedures and Triggers?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:16:40 GMT
Emmanuel & Kiran , thank you very much.

Regards,
Carlo Accorsi

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:14 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: What about Stored Procedures and Triggers?

Le 3/1/12 3:00 PM, Vitali Baumtrok a écrit :
> Hi, basically I'm testing the possibilities of ApacheDS, especially
> stored procedures (SPs) and triggers (TRs). But it seems like they not
> working now, because of some code changes/refactoring, so I just
> wanted to ask, are you planing to change the API for SPs/TRs or will
> it stay like it is (LDAP API 1.0.0-M11)?
Definitively, yes, we intend to fix teh Triggers/SP for 2.0.0-RC1.
Currently, we are fixing some huge issues in the core server, but when it'll be done, be sure
we will refactor this part too : it's one of the most interesting feature of ApacheDS.

One of the refactoring we want to do is to get rid of JNDI in SP/Triggers, to switch to the
API. Franckly, it should not take more than one or two weeks, but we are still blocked until
we get other issues fixed (like replication)

> Can you roughly estimate when the refactoring is done and SPs/TRs are
> fixed?
We just released ApacheDS 2.0.0-M6 this week, and we expect to release a
M7 by the end of march, with one of the major fix we want to integrate.
Then a M8 shoudl follow shortly (april ?) with replication. The next step is probably to fix
the triggers/SP and also AdministrativePoint handling. That leads us to end of june. May be
earlier. May be later...

Hope it helps.

--
Regards,