directory-users mailing list archives

From Vitali Baumtrok <viba0...@stud.fh-kl.de>
Subject Difference between admin and no user authentification and Studio and API
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:23:55 GMT
There seems to be some differences in functionality between the Apache
Directory Studio and the API.

System:
WindowsXP
ApacheDS 2.0.0-M5
Apache Directory Studio 2.0.0
Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M10
jdk 7

The default instance of ApacheDS is running. In the Apache Directory
Studio I have two connections to it. The first connection has the user
"uid=admin,ou=system" with password "secret" as authentification. Let's
call this connection the authentificated connection. The second connection
has no user in the authentification. Let's call this connection not
authentificated connection.
Depending on which connection I'm using I see different entries in the
DIT. When creating a new entry with "right click > new > new entry" I can
see for example the object class "javaStoredProcUnit" when using the non
authentification connection, but using the authentificated connection I
can't see this object class.

Using the API I am authentificated as admin the following way:
env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "uid=admin,ou=system");
env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");
env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "simple");
and I can create an "javaStoredProcUnit" entry with the method
JavaStoredProcUtils.loadStoredProcedureClass(...). But this wasn't
possible in Apache Directory Studio...

Two questions. First, what is the difference between the
"uid=admin,ou=system" authentificated and not authentificated connection
basically. Second, is the difference in functionality between the Studio
and API desired, if yes, what does it mean?

Thank you for answers