directory-users mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: connection.exists(Dn) is false although entry exists
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 22:58:13 GMT
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Christoph Czurda
<hasnoadditives@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Pierre-Arnaud,
>
> The mistake was on my side. I used Rdn rdn = new Rdn("cn=a,ou=b"); and
> passed this to a Dn constructor. I misinterpreted the description of
> class Rdn where it says that any String with a '=' is treated as a full
> Rdn. When I changed it, it worked as expected.

Just curious can you show me the offending code? I really did not
understand your description.

I ask this because it might show which area of our API is weak in terms of
being intuitive. If the user understands the domain a good API shows
exactly how it should be used by the object model and methods.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex