directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use ApacheDS 2.0 for unit tests
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 10:05:10 GMT
Le 2/26/12 8:40 AM, Christoph Czurda a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I want to use ApacheDS 2.0 for unit testing as described here:
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/42-using-apacheds-for-unit-tests.html
> However this document is written for 1.5 and contains some outdated
> information.
>
> How can I use my own connection for the tests so that I can verify
> certain conditions using connection.exists("...") ?
>
> What does the test class have to look like? I want to test against an
> external servier (ie not an embedded one) so that I can still use Studio
> to check the current state of the server. The server is running on
> localhost, port 10389 and is authenticated with default
> "uid=admin,ou=system".
>
> Kind regards,
> Christoph
Hi,

The best would be to look at some of the existing tests and mimic them :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/ldap-client-test/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/shared/client/api/LdapConnectionTest.java?revision=1243572&view=markup

It's not well documented atm, and I have a low bandwith connection, but
eventually ping us again next week so that I can update the doco with a
2.0 sample.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,