directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] apacheds v2.0 docs
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 15:26:42 GMT
On 2/3/12 4:10 PM, Ross West wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I've just got started with ADS and thought that it would be easier to
> start with v2.0 rather than v1.5 for a new setup. (Yes I know that v2.0
> is true beta - I'm not in production, and I'm a sucker for punishment I
> guess)
>
> Anyways, I'm in the process of doing up my own internal sysadmin
> oriented docs here for v2.0 and with the lack of any public
> documentation for it I can probably do mine up in a generic format for
> the ADS website if there's any interest.
You bet we are interested !

Actually, we have a first drop of docs which is not yet published
(mainly a refactoring of the 1.5.7 documentation).

It can be found here :

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/documentation/apacheds-manuals/trunk/

Note that we have two different format for the documentation :
- a xml format (docbook)
- a confluence format

as we know have the tooling to convert a confluence format to pdf and
html, we don't anymore use the XML format. AFAICT, all the xml pages
have been converted to confluence.

You can read the README.TXT to get a clue about how to generate the pdf
and html pages from those pages.

If you are interested, you can provide patches to the existing
documentation...

Thanks a lot !

--
Regards,