directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOC] Interested in documenting the API.
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 08:50:59 GMT
On 2/1/12 7:29 PM, Javier Estrada wrote:
> What is the process to help in documenting the API?

Hi !

First it would be a pleasure to have some help in this area, it's really
needed...

We us a Confluence based format for documentation. Everything is in the
subproject ldap-api-manuals (in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/documentation/). Th best is to
checkout the project :

svn co http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/documentation/ldap-api-manuals

Then all the files are text files, and can be modified and 'diffed'. For
instance, if you add some new file, or modify an existing one, when you
are done, you just have to do :
cd ldap-api-manuals
svn diff . > modifications.txt

and to add the file to a JIRA (I can create one if needed).

If you want any information or direction that can help, you can contact
us on IRC (channel #apache-directory-dev).

Thanks a lot !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,