directory-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Czurda <hasnoadditi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connection.exists(Dn) is false although entry exists
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 23:14:55 GMT
On 02/01/2012 11:58 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Christoph Czurda
> <hasnoadditives@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Pierre-Arnaud,
>>
>> The mistake was on my side. I used Rdn rdn = new Rdn("cn=a,ou=b"); and
>> passed this to a Dn constructor. I misinterpreted the description of
>> class Rdn where it says that any String with a '=' is treated as a full
>> Rdn. When I changed it, it worked as expected.
>>

> Just curious can you show me the offending code? I really did not
> understand your description.
>
> I ask this because it might show which area of our API is weak in terms of
> being intuitive. If the user understands the domain a good API shows
> exactly how it should be used by the object model and methods.

It was like this:
Dn parent = new Dn("ou=system");
Dn somewhereBelow = new Dn(new Rdn("cn=a,cn=b"),parent); //the problem
was the rdn

I thought that in this constructor everything before the parent is
simply prepended. The interesting thing is that dn.getName() did what I
actually intended, ie it returns "cn=a,cn=b,ou=system".

Kind regards,
Christoph