directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Separation of a live and test environment in APache Directory studio
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 09:58:35 GMT
On 2/1/12 10:40 AM, Eddie Eddie wrote:
> Hello,
> I have got a mixed environment currently with both test and live user accounts in an
installation of apache directory studio version 1.4.
> I want to split this two environments ideally so that the test is completely separated
from the live.
> currently there is only one ou=users which has all the user accounts.
> is it also impossible to install more than one instance of the server in apache directory
studio which would still use the same port?
No, you can't. Ports are unique on one single machine. What you can do
though is to install different servers on different machines, or even
better, to start different VMs on your machine and start servers on
those VMs. You can use VirtualBox , which is free, for such a purpose.

Hope it helps.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message