directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connection.exists(Dn) is false although entry exists
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 08:57:40 GMT
On 2/1/12 6:16 AM, Christoph Czurda wrote:
> Hello!

Hi,

> I came accross a strange issue in a unit test. (server ApacheDS 2.0)
>
> Testing connection.exists(Dn dn) returns false.
> When I test the String overload with the same dn I get true.
>
> The code can probably explain better than words:
>
> Dn dn;
> //dn is initialized with an existing Dn.
>
> //this test passes:
> assertThat(connection.exists(dn.getName()), is(true));
>
> //this fails. AssertionError: expected true, got false
> assertThat(connection.exists(dn), is(true));

Its likely that your connection is not schema aware. Try to load the
schemas when defining your connection :

connection.loadSchema();

(note that we changed the name of this function in trunk, it's now
connection.loadDefaultSchema() :

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-58

);

> Maybe I should mention that I get lots of these messages:
>
> 2012-02-01 05:56:00,730 [NioProcessor-2] WARN
> org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.ber.Asn1Decoder -
> ERR_00043_REMAINING_BYTES_FOR_DECODED_PDU The PDU has been fully decoded
> but there are still bytes in the buffer.

There is a bug that has been fixed yesterday :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-70

We will most certainly vote a new release this week.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,