directory-users mailing list archives

From "Javier Estrada" <Javier.Estr...@cassidiancommunications.com>
Subject RE: [DOC] Interested in documenting the API.
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 17:59:51 GMT
Yes.  A JIRA would be fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: pajbam@gmail.com [mailto:pajbam@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 8:50 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org; javier.estrada4@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [DOC] Interested in documenting the API.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Javier Estrada
<iphone.javier.estrada@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Where do I start with this localization effort for Studio?

All (most of) the strings used in the UI of Studio are already
externalized into properties files in Studio's repository [1].
The default files ('messages.properties' or 'plugin.properties') are
in english and aside them you also find one file per translation
('messages_fr.properties' or 'plugin_fr.properties' for the french
translation).

If you want to add spanish translation, you'll need to add new
specific files ('messages_es.properties' or 'plugin_es.properties')
and translate the
strings into them.

The best way to do this is to duplicate the english file, rename it
and then start localizing.
In the case where the translated string is the same in both langages,
please remove it from the translation, the english version will be
used by default (this is done to avoid duplication).

Tell me if you need anything else.

Do you want me to create a dedicated JIRA in Studio's project for you
to send patches?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/trunk/